Application Design Engineer – Mechanical
Location: Kimberly, WI
Aurizon Ultrasonics offers innovative, high-power rotary ultrasonic systems that are significantly improving a variety of industrial processes. We design, manufacture and support our equipment utilized in industries including disposable hygiene products (e.g. diaper construction) and flexible packaging (e.g. pouch sealing). Our collaborative approach begins with listening to the customer to thoroughly define their product, application or process challenge. We then draw on our scientific knowledge and industrial experience to provide a solution that delivers on our customer’s desire to increase productivity, reduce cost or enable new capability.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide mechanical applications engineering support to Aurizon’s technology, process and product developments. This position will place particular emphasis on engineering equipment designs that are commercially robust and can be manufactured in a cost effective manner.
- Create conceptual and detail designs and specifications for assemblies and built-to-drawing parts.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis in support of acoustic tooling design.
- Participate in the technology development process on a variety of programs supporting Aurizon’s product and process commercialization strategies.
- Engineer robust and precise mechanical designs that can be manufactured in a cost effective manner.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions and personnel in the generation of new ideas and techniques.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to new and existing customer applications as necessary.
- Support mechanical aspects of Aurizon’s manufacturing and pilot laboratory processes as required.
- Requires substantial experience with developing, designing, implementing, and troubleshooting a variety of industrial converting process technologies.
- Demonstrated competency in design and use of engineering systems/tools is required. A formal education in machine design and drafting is recommended. Practical field experience is highly desired.
- Thorough knowledge of SolidWorks Modeling and Analysis is a primary requirement.
- Ability to carry out aspects of programs independently with minimal supervision is highly desired.
- Other skills/traits that are highly desired include:
- High energy and willingness/ability to work a unique schedule when required.
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to continuously learn new things and increase skills over time.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done.
- Experience using test & development instrumentation
- Basic electrical skills
Compensation will be commensurate with the level of skill/experience. Aurizon offers a full array of employee benefits including medical, dental, life, disability, retirement savings, profit sharing and paid time off.